Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oh, the changes, they are a coming!

I sit here on this Saturday morning, digesting the many long conversations I've been having in the past couple of days. My entire world as I know it is about to change in the next two months. And I never thought I'd get excited at the prospect of moving to Nebraska, leaving the job I love at the church, or moving three hours away from my home town. But I am more than excited, I'm ready!

Starting this weekend and into this upcoming week, I will be packing up my apartment. My goal is to have everything boxed and stacked by the time we get ready to load the trailer on the 31st of July. Yes, the cattle trailer will once again be used to move my stuff to a new location. I will spend the first weekend of August getting our little house in Bridgeport set up with all my goods from my apartment here so that Titus is set up for the month he will live there alone before our wedding...I will be spending that month before our wedding in my parents basement.

As for the wedding, things are coming along well. I have decided to have my amazing friend, Amanda, sew the dresses for the girls. The pattern is selected and we go Monday to find the material. My goal is to have them made and mailed by the end of the month so that the WI girls can try them all on to make sure they fit and give us time to make adjustments if necessary. But my to-do list is getting smaller and I feel much more confident after pricing food and putting together a budget.

But the job...that's the one area of change I'm the least sure about. I am leaving a job that I have loved for seven years. I have been through some of the best and worst experiences of my life at this church. And the thought of leaving my job - not to mention the church - is something I haven't let myself think about too much. There is too much to do to transition out that I can't think about how much I'm going to miss the people and the work. Right now, I have no idea what and when I will start working in Bridgeport. I am confident God will provide something for me...I am praying for that now.

All these changes that are coming can be a bit overwhelming at times. But I continue on day-by-day doing what I need to do and preparing for all the changes that are coming in the next eight weeks.

No comments: