Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nyquil Dreams

Whenever I think of or see Nyquil, I think of my friend, Ryan. He commented on more than one occasion about his delightful use of Nyquil to help him get a much needed night of sleep. This week, I fully understand why he feels this way.

After two weeks on the road visiting family and then a crazy week back in the office getting caught up from being gone for two weeks, well, my body complained. The head cold moved to my chest. I nearly lost my voice on more than one occasion. Everyone I talked to asked me what was wrong because I sounded like the frog in my throat had taken up residence with no sign of leaving.

But then, in a desperate search through my not-so-neatly-organized medicine basket, I found them. Four little green gel pills. On the back, neatly stamped in black letters were the words that delighted my heart, "Nyquil Gel Caps". I popped two of those in my mouth, drank a big glass of water, and went to bed. After 9 delightful hours of sleep, I awoke feeling so much more rested than I had for over 2 weeks and my head / chest cold seemed better. So the next night I took the last two little pills. And again, another great night of sleep. But even better, I feel like I'm on the rebound to my normal life and energy level.

It's amazing what something so simple can do. Taking Nyquil allowed my body to do it's job. I just might have to stock up on these great little Green Gel Caps.

No comments: