Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just another Snow Day...

So - I have been saying for over a week that we were due for a snow storm. Many people (o.k..maybe just one guy from Kansas) didn't quite believe me until I told him we were getting dumped on today. I think it has more to do with his desire to come to CO this weekend to see me than it does with his actually doubting me. Because even though this storm may be out of here tomorrow...it still has to pass through Kansas before he can get out here.

I braved the roads this morning to make it to the office. I was soaked before I even got to my car from my apartment building. My hair fell flat against my face, weighed down by big, fat, white snowflakes. My snow boots (yes, I wore boots) kept my feet nice and toasty warm and dry. But in true Sarah fashion, I didn't put my coat and gloves on - although they were with me in my car.

But now, I am back home. I made a nice yummy pot of creamy potato soup, put on my warm jammies, and snuggled up on the couch with my laptop. Believe it or not, I have done some work - what I can do remotely. But mostly I'm just glad I don't have to be out in this weather right now.

Tomorrow is another day. And I will have to brave the streets to go sit with Marie. But, as always in Colorado, we'll just have to wait and see what the morning brings.














I live in an apartment building with an enclosed courtyard so the snow piles up without the wind to blow it around. Check out the table and benches...my guess - about 2 feet of snow.











The view from outside my bedroom window.

No comments: