Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old jeans fit again

I'm a stress eater. I've known that since I was in high school. I am also a boredom eater. And I love to eat junk food. It's why years ago I decided to not allow any junk food or pop in my house except for special occasions. I have no self-control when I'm bored or stressed and all too soon the food will be gone and those lousy, sick feelings will be left behind. It's just easier that way. But I always compensated by eating drive-thru (which may as well be called "junk food" most of the time) or eating out with friends.

But then I got married and moved to the Panhandle of NE. Here there are no drive-thrus and the only "quick" restaraunt is Subway. And I still don't allow junk food in my house. Except for the Girl Scout cookies which I proceeded to consume in three days flat. I knew my clothes were fitting better. But it wasn't until I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't really been able to wear without feeling like a sausage since...well, I don't remember when. They zipped right up and there was no muffin top. Are you kidding me? Really???

Now, I figure, if I could just get the working out thing and the stop drinking diet pop thing under control...well then who knows what I might look like. Maybe I'd even don a bikini this year. Yeah - let's not get crazy.

No comments: