Tuesday, April 6, 2010

7 months of adventures

Life has been good the past few months. Today is the 7-month anniversary of my marriage to Titus. I didn't realize that until just now as I was typing. Adventure is one word I would use to describe the first 7 months. Just this past weekend I told him that I would have never imagined the places I would go and all the adventures I would be on. And it all started when I said "yes!"

Our adventures aren't grand like skiing in the Alps or flying all around the globe. Some day we dream that the will include those adventures. But for now our adventures are going to revival services in Loup City, NE. Or taking a day trip into the sandhills to show him where Cody worked. Or grabbing ice cream at the Whoa 'N Go in Broken Bow. Or meeting some of the most wonderful people and sharing time and space with them for a late night snack.

Every adventure in our past seven months has included a map and a game. It's the We-Can't-Take-the-Same-Route-Twice game. No matter where we are going - to pick up the kids or somewhere new - we have to take a different route. Even going and coming to the sandhills this weekend we took a different route. I usually drive because of the funny little condition I inherited from my dad called motion sickness. That leaves Titus to man the map and be the navigator. And he does a fabulous job at it...especially when I'm tired and just want to get to our destination.

We don't spend much time in our little home town. In fact we feel like we have several "home" towns. We have a church and a place to stay at all of them: Arapahoe, Eudora, Bridgeport, and Broomfield. I'd say we are pretty blessed to be doing what we are doing and have so many places filled with comforts of home and friends and family to share it all with. It's not a life for the faint of heart. We are on the road a lot...but we wouldn't have it any other way. When we do have a weekend in Bridgeport we sometimes look at each other and ask, "well, where should we go?" It's in our DNA.

In fact, I've started telling people, it's only a road trip if it's over 4 hours. Anything less is just a commute.

No comments: