Monday, October 31, 2011

Pizza Soup: A Family Winner

I found a recipe for Pizza Soup and thought I'd give it a try.  I didn't follow it exactly as I didn't have the recipe at home with me, but it was wonderful.  The leftovers were quickly eaten the next day for lunch with no complaints.  We all decided this will become a staple in our Friday night dinner rotation.  Here's what I did:

- 1 can spaghetti sauce (it is what I had on hand)
- 2 cans water (i will do three next time)
- italian sausage sliced and quartered
- pkg. of pepperoni quartered
- 1/4 onion diced
- seasoned with oregano, basil, and Italian seaonings

Cooked on low all day while I was at work.  Then when we were about 20-30 mins away from eating supper I put in 1/2 box of whole wheat elbow macaroni and turned the soup up to high.  Once the noodles were soft I turned it off, and served it up.  We topped it with mozzarella cheese.

In the future, I think I will add green peppers and garnish with black olives as well as the cheese.


No comments: