Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Month to be Thankful

I think November is one of my favorite months.  There is a bit of a chill in the air, and tonight we will get our first snow fall of the season.  But more than all of that, I think Thanksgiving is an under-rated holiday.  Just this morning I was in Wal-Mart returning something before work.  I heard Christmas music over the loud speakers.  We went from Halloween to Christmas overnight.  You may find some "fall" decor still stuck between the clearance costumes and the newly opened boxes of Christmas mugs and place mats.

I've been thinking about, and studying more, on the idea of being thankful.  The Bible calls us to pray with thanksgiving.  I have even read lately that it is impossible to focus on worry and be thankful at the same time.  It is physiologically impossible for our brain to do that.  So I have been making a concerted effort to be thankful in all things and with thanksgiving, present my requests to God.

This month, I want to share things for which I am thankful.  Through word, and picture, to remind myself of all that I have been given and all the ways the Lord has taken care of me this past year.

Let me start off with two pictures showing great fun we had one weekend at a hotel.  I love that Madi and Abe are adventurous, and I am thankful for opportunities to allow them to enjoy being a kid.

Madi & Abe leaping from bed to bed during a weekend adventure!

Tired and happy after a massive pillow fight!

No comments: