Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Season

The past few weeks I've tried to decide if I had anything worth sharing in a blog. I guess the answer was always no. I've felt very spiritually dry the past month. I think December did me in more than I realized. And the start of a new year has been good in that way. But I've felt like I've been spinning my wheels until this past week.

There are some very cool things going on in my life right now, and I feel like I'm making that turn toward a new season in my life. First off, I have found a renewed joy and calling to my job at the church. There isn't anywhere else I could see myself right now. God is doing some amazing things in our midst, and I am thrilled to be here to witness them. But we are also looking to start a Sunday night service, which I would love! And I get to be a driving force behind that. The thought completely terrifies and excites me all at the same time.

Secondly, I have a relationship in my life that is teaching me so much about patience, and God's goodness to me. My time with this person has grown my faith in leaps and bounds. I know prayer is just a phone call away when I need it. Or if I need to vent or cry or rejoice, he is the first person I call. I should just put the number on speed dial.

And finally, I feel like I have moved on from the pain and hurt from last year...or I guess more accurately, I'm moving on. I am shocked at how long this has taken. And I'm still scared to rush into anything new too fast. But for the first time in about 6 months I feel like I'm making steps forward. And that is a good feeling.

1 comment:

T.C. said...

I told you 31 was going to be your year...