Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Saturday Afternoon

So, today I sit with Marie once again. She is an elderly woman with whom I sit a couple times a month. It gives me good time to read, catch up on work, news, and my blogs. And today, I am trying to figure out what the next few months will be like for me. I am trying to figure out my budget.

This is always a stressful exercise for me. I know it is necessary, but it is something that always frustrates me that I have to go through this alone. Math was never my specialty...I can do it - but it takes so much energy for me. As I sit here and list my expenses and try to make sure everything balances, I wish I could fast-forward 12 months and see the improvement that I know will come. But it is a slow process, month-by-month, to see the positive changes in my finances.

I cannot deny that even though things are tight, and I'm not sure what all is going to come the next few months, I am confident in one thing. God has always taken care of me. So, even when I get frustrated or worrisome, I know that ultimately God will provide.

So, now, I will stop distracting myself with all the fun things to do online, and get back to the hard work before me...math, blah...

No comments: