Monday, May 17, 2010



Last week Titus & I headed to Sidney to exchange something at Cabellas, pick up some groceries at Safeway, and try a new restraunt. We were told it was the "best in Western Nebraska", so of course we had to check it out. Dude's is connected to a bar and dance hall. We didn't go in the right door to start with. OOPS! We got a tour of the bar with pool tables, the smoker's area and the darkened dance hall before we found the right door leading us into the restraunt area.

Once seated at our table, we had a great view of the establishment. The decor was right out of the 1960's, or maybe 1970's. We couldn't decide. But the food, the food was good. We each ordered a sandwich with steak fries. There was not one crumb left on either plate when we were done.

I'm not sure I'd give it the best in Western Nebraska title, but then again, I haven't eaten at too many places in Western Nebraska. I will say this, it was busy, and has always seemed busy every time we've driven by. So I'm sure everything else on their menu is just as good as the prime rib sandwich I tried. I look forward to enjoying more sometime in the near future.

No comments: