Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random thoughts for my day

I wonder why there are semi loads of cattle going through Bridgeport today...and where are they going? I laugh everytime I hear the mooing outside as they pass by. This has been going on allday.

I think this summer I will sit at the corner of Hwy 385 & Hwy 92 (aka the main cross streets in Bridgeport) and count how many semi's pass through our town compared to passenger vehicles. My bet is on the semi's outnumbering the passenger vehicles almost 2 to 1.

A passing comment last week still strikes me funny. A gal who works in a building accross the street from me commented that she and the other gals look everyday when I go to the post office to see what kind of shoes I'm wearing. They have noticed my sassy heels. Makes me want to go out and buy even more fun shoes just for entertainment in this small town.

I think today must have been "field trip" day for some of the little tykes at school. Saw a whole troup of them with adults walking from the bakery accross the street this morning. I guess this last week of school not much teaching gets done as everyone is winding down for the year.

Proud is only the tip of the iceburg to describe how I feel about my husband. He's working a lot right now to make up for lack of work from past administrators. Yesterday he worked 15 hours. But all this hard work will pay off in future years as he is setting things up for success.

I'm thrilled to find a mom & pop motel in central Iowa for our overnight stay on our way to WI at the end of next week. I'm easily thrilled these days. Working to keep this trip under budget so we can splurge a bit on a surprise for the kids. Just saved $10 on the budgeted amount for this motel.

Tonight I get my hair cut. Nervous? Yes. Excited? A bit. I am just hoping that this gal can do as good as the last gal. She was great...but now is battling cervical cancer. It's makes me feel super selfish to be disappointed she won't be there to cut my hair. Lord, forgive me! How selfish and self-centered is that thought?

One last random thought. I hope I don't need glasses. In just a few minutes I head to the eye doctor. Hoping they can help me as I've been getting headaches on a daily basis for almost a month now. But really do not want glasses. My husband thinks I should get the exam for 1/2 price as I only have one working eye. I don't think they will go for that! But I love his train of thought!

1 comment:

AZofAZ said...

Sarah, I just got caught up on your blog...it feels like a had a little visit with you...your life sounds great and tears come to my eyes when I think what God has done for you and Titus...so happy for you...I love the shoe story...isn't it neat living in a small town....I experience some small town when I stay in Emerson, the little border town in Manitoba where my mom lives...everything small event is an adventure... your mom has this to look forward to ...are you going to visit Mel? how exciting...BTW Colleen is a coupon gal and can live on a shoe string and feels so good when she get a deal...I know the feeling.. Aunt Adell