Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Settling In

This past weekend was likely the best weekend yet since moving to Bridgeport last September. Titus and I are finding our rythmn in married life. We spent a lot of time relaxing and laughing. It was grand. At one point I looked up at my husband from my spot snuggled by his side and realized that deep down this is what I have always longed for. I am where I belong. We are building a life together, following God as best we can and enjoying the adventure.

Saturday morning started off by sleeping in until nearly 11am. That hasn't happened in a REALLY long time. After a couple of weeks of company, late nights, traveling on the road, and everything coming together at the end of the school year, we were thrilled to have weekend with very little to do.

Once I finally pulled myself out of bed we got to work quickly on the yard. Mowing and turning over flower gardens to plant new, fun, brightly colored flowers kept me busy all morning. Then a quick trip to Scottsbluff and back to Bridgeport for some graduation parties. Before we knew it we were back home, full of all kinds of amazing food from the buffet of delectibles we enjoyed all night. I think our food induced sleeping coma kicked in about 11pm.

Sunday started off in a bit of a rush as we quickly got ready for church. Thankfully it is only three doors down, so in no time we were gathering with new friends and enjoying a time to reflect and draw closer to our Lord. Then it was a quick turn-around for Titus as he had to get to the shcool for graduation - yes, graduation was on Mother's Day. And of course, there were more parties and more food all afternoon. We ended our day around a campfire with good friends. As we went to bed, laughing and smiling, we commented how great it was to have fun and relaxing weekend.

I have decided we are settling in to Bridgeport. While I miss friends and the mountains in CO, there is no doubt that this where we are to be. And I know God has us here for a reason and a purpose. We are already seeing glimpses of that these past few months. I wouldn't change anything about where we are right now...well maybe if we could figure out how to be here and have the kids closer. But we keep praying that God will continue to bless our time with them and work out all those details that are out of our control.

No comments: