Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Add This To The List

Today you can add cell phone plans to my list of pet peeves.

My time is up with my current cell phone company. And my phone is starting to act up. It's time to get a new one. But we've come to rely on my "smart phone" to keep track of the master family calendar and all the other notes, lists, and memos we come up with while on the road.

No cell phone company will waive the data package any longer. So my choice? Either go back to an old-school flip phone and give up the ultra organized and convienent smart phone options or upgrade and bite the bullet and pay for the data package.

In looking around for other options, I've come to realize that while the different plan levels are smart for the company and their bottom line, it is not always great for the client. They make the option to go with a lower plan far less appealing by offering the price point they want not "that much higher" than the plan you really want, getting you to buy options you may not really need or want because, hey, it's not that much more - what a great deal!

Everyone does this, and today, it is frustrating me. The only good news is that there is a carrier up here, with national coverage, that can offer me all the bells and whistles for what I'm currently paying with out the whistles. So, there's the silver lining in this situation.

No comments: