Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Missing the Mountains

Today I sit looking at a picture of the Maroon Bells near Snowmass. It's on a calendar my family gave me for Christmas last year. They all know how much I miss my mountains living in the Panhandle. Yes, I did say my mountains. Living within a 30 minute drive from the Rockies for 31 years, I feel a special affection for the mountains and long to return to them as often as possible. Just a few weeks ago, on a trip to Denver, I began to shed a few tears as I drove west and the mountains came into view. I drove down a road I had been on every day for many years, but didn't realize what a majestic view of the mountains it provided. I wanted to pull over right there and take a picture to capture the moment. But I didn't. Instead I kept driving and soaking up the mountain goodness.

In just a few weeks Titus & I will be celebrating our one year anniversary. That is an amazing and crazy thought for me. The year has flown by so quickly it hardly seems possible. We will return to Estes Park, where the wedding I'd been planning in the out door chapel for 15 years took place. I will be back in the place where my heart longs to be. With memories and familiar surrounding that I will never forget. To be with the man I love in the mountains I miss...that will be priceless!

No comments: