Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas in a Stable

Tonight my heart is full. I am sitting all snuggled up under a blanket, warm, and conversation of my family sitting around the living room. Today, was a great day.

My morning started off cold and tired. I had hoped and prayed that all our months of planning and preparation had worked. All my to do items were checked off, our trucks were loaded, and I was following Ryan to the stable for our Christmas Eve services.

It was a harried morning. Last minute changes occurred, but there were no major catastrophes. After about four hours of setting things up, we started to greet friends, families, and visitors alike to our unique venue. As they walked passed the horses in their stalls, families found their seats and prepared to take in the experience.

The service started off with Dave Villiano on violin. Some of the most beautiful music I've heard. Then the band joined him to start off with some familiar Christmas carols and hymns. The singing was balanced with a reading from the book of Luke and a brief Christmas message from Eric.

And then it was over. Wow. How the day flew. We tore down and loaded everything back into the trucks and drove home. My heart is so full...so thankful. God was at work today in every way. From the weather, to the volunteers, to how smooth everything went, to the very people he brought to the services.

We had so many volunteer who gave of their hearts, their time, their talents today to make this happen. I am always amazed at how our church comes together as a family and makes these events something to truly remember. It was an amazing day. Amazing day!

No comments: