Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Despite the sub-freezing temps in WI, my weekend with my sister's family was great. Friday was spent doing some shopping - what else would we ladies do? We enjoyed all our favorite spots and even ate lunch at Chilis. What can I say - we know what we like! But it was during our trip into Walmart that I spotted this sign. This is how people keep warm in Wisconsin during the winter!




















Then Saturday was another flurry of activity with Christmas rehersal for the girls followed by a basketball game for Aimee. All the while, little Abbee was sick. It started during slumber party with Aunt Sarah on Friday night. She was soon over it - a 12-hour bug - and back to her bouncy self before we knew it!

Sunday was spent dealing with Ashlee now sick and trying to make the day fun for the girls. Mom and Dad went to Milwaukee to see a concert, so we took the girls to see a movie. Big treat for them! We saw BOLT. Cute movie. Didn't quite keep the attention of the five year old...but they enjoyed the outing just the same.

It may not have been a very active weekend, lots of normal running around. But we loved every minute of it. I tried to soak in my nieces laughter, hugs, snuggles, and general energy as much as I could. And of course, there were so many moments of laughter with my sister. I will never view the 20Q game the same after our "adult" incident with one at Kohls. I was laughing so hard I had to sit on the ground. I never laugh like I do with her.

No comments: