Monday, July 7, 2008

How about Austin?

This question, posed to me late last night over a plate of New York Cheesecake pancakes, brought a mixture of groans and laughter. My good friend Jennifer and I had settled into our booth at IHOP after catching the movie Hancock and satarted catching up on what was going on in each others world. We were discussing our feeling "stuck" in areas of our life and what we could do to get "un-stuck". We threw out ideas for a few minutes and then Jenn suggested moving to a different state. I thought San Diego, CA sounded good. She thought Austin, TX sounded good. Apparently it's the up and coming city for young single professionals.

The thought of moving to another state is not a new thought for me. But I have always said it would be for the right man or the right ministry - and probably both in order for me to leave Colorado. If I was sure that it would get me "un-stuck" I would be game. But I'm not sure that would help. The thoughts of moving usually come into mind when I think it would be easier to run from something than just stay and face it. Life is messy sometimes. But that's what makes it great. And right now, life is messy and life is great - all at the same time.

I don't see a move to Austin any time soon, for either Jenn or myself. But I am praying for changes in my life. Relationship changes, work changes, physical changes, and spiritual changes...and I'm working on them all. A work in progress, that's what we all are, right? Well, then I guess I'm right on track.

No comments: