Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just Relaxing

The past few days have been a bit odd for me. No grand adventures, though many small ones have found their way into my schedule. No big "ah-ha" moments with God. In fact, I haven't felt much like talking with God the past couple days. I've just spent time relaxing and sleeping. It seems that I've needed to do that for a while. My schedule leading up to the July 4th weekend was so busy at times, I barely kept my head above water.

Thursday I took off early and watched a bad Kate Hudson & Matthe McConaughey movie. Love them both, did not like this movie. Then at 5 I met up with my good friend Jim and some of his friends and we trekked up to Avon, CO to see the fireworks display there. After a 4 1/2 hour ride in the car (ugh...I-70 traffic!) and 35 minutes of fireworks, we turned around and came back down the mountain. But it was worth it...one of the best displays ever!

Somewhere along the way last week I lost my voice. The guys said I sounded like a man smoking a cigar. That's kind of how I began to feel by the end of the week as well. Yesterday I ran 4 miles (yeah! a new distance for me) and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and eating, and enjoying fireworks with friends last night. Tonight, I'll take in a movie in the park by my house. A great way to cap off my weekend. Tomorrow I work at church and then maybe catch a movie with a friend. This is exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries.

No comments: