Monday, July 21, 2008

My Weekend in OKC

When I first learned that our Managers Retreat for my business with Arbonne was moved to July in OKC, I groaned. I am not a fan of heat and humidity...and neither is my hair. But as I reflect back on the weekend, I am so glad that I went.

I haven't been very active with my business as of late, but know that there is still a place for Arbonne in my life. After this weekend, I am more convinced that I cannot give up on my business and that no matter if I work it full time or part time - I need to have this company in my life. It is filled with women who have become my sisters. It is a company so concerned with helping others acheive their dreams and goals...oh, and by the way, they make an incredible product to boot! I am more in love with evey aspect of this journey after this weekend.

But there were other 'ah-ha' moments for me this weekend personally.

Our team loves to have a good time. We are the team that when these events come up - we go out dancing or something at the end of each night. You won't find us by the pool or in our rooms - we are out. And that's one of the things I love about our team.

But I realized Satuday night that while I love to dance and I love to people watch, going to the dance clubs can be somewhat of a let-down. Sure, we had a blast dancing with our group - singing along to the music and enjoying a few drinks. But there inevitably reaches that point where the club becomes crowded, the dance floor filled with drunk people spilling drinks and bumping into you, and you get so hot you have to step outside to get some fresh air. When it gets to the point where it's too crowded to actually dance, or move, that's the point where I lose interest. I'm not there to drink, I'm not there to meet someone, I'm there to dance with my girls...And when that can't happen, then I start getting restless and looking for a way out.

But regardless of what happens, I'm always glad I went. I get to make memories with some of my best friends. Sayings happen that mean nothing to anyone else, but make us laugh all weekend long and for months to come.

No comments: