Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Farmer's Daughter in me...

We have been getting great rain since Thursday night. It's the kind of rain that drizzles and drips all day long. The kind of rain that darkens the sky and you can tell these clouds are going to be around for a while. The kind of rain where you open your bedroom windows, curl under the covers, and get the best night of sleep you've had in a long time.

Growing up on a farm, I've learned to welcome the rain, no matter what it might interrupt. I was supposed to be in a 5K yesterday with a friend. We were ready to take on the elements when we got to the start. But the two days of rain had made the trail too muddy and they decided to cancel the event. I was bummed. But I kept that to myself. We need this rain.

Even this morning as we get ready for this to clear out and return to the typical August 90 degree days, I'm reveling in the cool and moisture. I'm hoping we squeeze in one more day of this cool damp weather before it gets hot again. It's been such a nice respite from our regular weather. Only in Colorado.

No comments: