Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Last Day...

Tomorrow morning my sister and her family start their trek back to Wisconsin. They've been on the road and away from home for almost three weeks. It's time for them to head back and get the girls ready for school. This year, they all will be at school all day long. Big step.

For me, today is the last day I'll get to hang out with them, and hold them close. We'll all be together in six weeks for my brother's wedding. But that will be such a whirl wind trip, I doubt we'll really get a chance to just be together.

It's been a fabulous 10 days with them. We've had lots of time to laugh. In fact, us ladies spent a very humorous moment in a Kohl's dressing room Friday night. I think the margaritas at dinner may have helped the situation. The crazy dress I tried on didn't hurt either.

I spent a couple of hours with each niece on a special "date" designed just for them. They each chose what they wanted to do and Aunt Sarah had the opportunity to spoil them all with a treat of their choosing as well. Of course High School Musical and Hannah Montana were the favorites.

But mostly we've just enjoyed each others company. Like last night, I laid on the couch downstairs with my legs somewhat curled. One niece laying in the crook behind my legs, her head on my thigh. Another neice laying in the crook in front of me. What a great feeling. And then when they went to bed, the oldest took their spot and snuggled a while with me. I'm going to miss that feeling.

But what am I doing here blogging? I should be home with them soaking up the last moments of their trip!

1 comment:

Jon Skaggs said...

What's goin on Sarah B!! I was going to let you know of the Denver date but I guess you know!! I can't wait to see you!! I think we'll be staying the night there and catching a flight at DEN in the morning. So at least we're not gonna be pressed for time. I'll let ya know more details as they come. Hope you're doin well!