Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Me...trying to be funny

This morning after our staff meeting we all went back to the garage here at the office. Recently we had a free-standing shelf built that takes up the entire length of the garage. We were talking about how to secure it to the wall. One of the guys started talking about finding the studs and attaching something to the unit and securing it into the studs. "We just need to find the studs," he said. I replied, "well, I'm an exceptional stud finder...well, then again, I'm still single at 30...maybe I'm not that good afterall."

Yes, it's always good when you can laugh at yourself and where you find yourself in life. And that's part of what this blog is all about.

A few months ago I attended at Sweet Sixteen party for two girls in our high school youth group. It hit me that night that I have been dating as long as they have been alive. Wow! That was a shocker. You'd think in all that time I'd be much wiser when it comes to dating. And while I've learned many, many lessons, I'm sure there are many more for me to learn. So, I decided to break out my journals, and share some of what I have learned, and if I feel a bit vulnerable, share some of what I still struggle with as well.

More on those to come...

No comments: