Thursday, August 7, 2008

I just can't help myself

I'll be the first to admit I'm a sucker when it comes to my neices. They are just the cutest little girls ever! I don't know if I'll ever be a mom someday, so I love that I get to spoil them rotten...and I do. I just can't help myself when they put their little hands in mine, pull me up to a High School Musical or Hannah Montanna item they REALLY, REALLY want.

This has been a great week with my family. I've had "dates" with two of my nieces already...and one more to go on Saturday. Special time with just Aunt Sarah - who knew they would get so excited? I think they are on to me. I think they know I have a hard time saying "no" to them. I think they know that their little faces just brighten up my day. That holding them in my lap makes me feel so good. That holding their hand while we walk through the mall makes me feel so important and special.

Yes, it's been a very good week. I'm tired from the sleepover, the shopping, playing games, singing songs, climbing mountains, and in general being around all their un-ending energy about everything! But that's the beauty of kids...they get excited about everything. No matter how small they it is either the best thing or the end of their world as they know it. Such drama, such joy all rolled into a little body...and I'm thankful they are in my life.

No comments: