Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whew!

It has been a week.

I've hardly slept.

Every night this week has been a big. I had church events four nights this week. Crazy! But more than that...I've been dedicated to watching the Olympics. I've never watched them like this before. And for someone who doesn't watch anything on TV with regularity, it's been an odd feeling anxiously walking in the door and flipping on the great competition!

I have been fascinated with so many of the events. I've never watched swimming before, in fact I don't know if I could have told you the difference between all the different strokes. But now I not only know the difference, but understand how important breathing and turning is to winning a competition as well.

And of course I've loved the beach volleyball for many years. Kerri Walsh & Misty May-Treanor are on FIRE! I have loved watching them any chance I get on local broadcasting. What a great night when they won gold again. But how could I have missed Rogers and Dahlhauser the past couple of years? I was on the edge of my couch shouting with joy when Roger and my future husband won gold for the USA!

There have been so many exciting moments watching the Olympics. But my sleep has suffered. Therefore, my mind has suffered. While I'll miss the games, I am anxious for a more normal sleeping pattern to return to my life. I've turned into one of those "old" people I used to make fun of when they'd be tired all day if they stayed up past midnight. Wow, when did that happen?

No comments: