Friday, August 1, 2008

This morning I couldn't sleep. I woke up at 5:30am with lists of things to do running through my mind...in fact, I just thought of one more. ...o.k...that's written down on the list now.

This weekend is a big weekend in our family. We celebrate my parents birthdays. Even though they are months apart, they both turn 60 this year. We are throwing them a party. It has taken several weeks and lots of planning, but we are seeing everything come together.

Yesterday, my sister and her family drove into town. It was so great to see my nieces again. Man, how I've missed them! Such little women they are turning out to be! I cannot wait for sleepover at Aunt Sarah's house next week, swimming in the pool, and on and on. They have a whole list of to do's while they are in CO.

And then there's the big weekend coming up in September. My little brother gets married! I cannot believe it! I'm torn, though. I am thrilled for him - and love his fiance. She's a great addition to our family - such a great fit for him. But of course, it makes me think about my own relationship life - or lack there of right now - and wonder if I will ever be able to stand next to someone someday and pledge all that I am, my life and my future, to one man. My eyes mist just thinking about it.

Just so much going on. So many good things. My heart is filled with love and joy right now. And my mind is still racing. I better get on with my day and make sure I get all the to-do's crossed off my list...I LOVE that feeling!

No comments: