Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back Home...

Our trip home from PA is one that I will remember. It was another 16 hour or better day to get back to my own bed. After a 3 hour drive to Baltimore, we found ourselves on the plane to Memphis. We actually landed ahead of schedule, which was good as we only had 30 minutes before our next flight left. We made a quick stop to pick up a deli sandwich and boarded our small plane.

This plane reminded me of the puddle jumper I took from Chicago to Milwaukee. Thirteen rows long, four seats wide, and one flight attendant, Judy. We took off and I waited patiently for the announcement that it was safe to use our approved electronic devices (aka my ipod). But the announcement didn't come. Then we heard a loud "thunk". The pilot came on saying that they had problems with our gears and that they now have them in the lock-down position and we will be landing again in Memphis in 5 minutes. People start getting upset and complaining - as if there is anything we can do about this situation.

Once back on the ground we are told that they will have to try to find us another plane, which they were able to do. So after waiting for an hour and a half, we are once again airborn and heading for Denver. I'm sure I fell asleep during the two and a half hour flight home. We landed, and found the shuttle to our car. As we went to pay for our car, we were told our reservations were for another lot. Frustrated and to exhausted to fight with them, we paid the money and went home. I fell into bed about 2am Wednesday morning.

It's good to be back home. My apartment is a mess, and I have lots of laundry to do. But at least I'm home, and I'll have lots of time tonight to get things caught up.

No comments: