Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What I witnessed tonight

At high school group tonight, there was only one girl who came in my group - so we decided to go to Starbucks and catch up. We were enjoying our drinks - her a hot green tea - me a delightful Carmel Apple Spice. Our seats outside were the perfect spot for people watching. At night, you can see perfectly into the coffee shop...and the Kinkos next door. We sipped and chatted for a few minutes when this student paused as she looked into the conference room at Kinkos.

"I think this guy is getting fired," she said. I turned my attention to the conference room inside the Kinkos. Sure enough, there was one man sitting behind a desk, leaning forward, looking down at the sheet of paper. His face was intense, you could tell he was talking loudly and his hand came down on the desk as he made his points.

Contrasting this man is a man sitting on the other side of the desk in a Kinkos shirt. He was sitting back in his chair with his hand over his mouth and at times covering more of his face and his eyes. Sure enough, he was being talked to, and it didn't look good.

But just when we thought we had it figured out, the most interesting thing happened. These men both leaned forward, folded their hands, and began praying. I immediatley shot forward in my seat to get a clearer view of the first man. Sure enough, they were both praying. After their prayer, they stood up, Bibles in hand, and walked out the door.

So now, I have no idea what they were talking about. But my curiousity is peaked and I'm replaying all kinds of options in my head. I don't know what I witnessed tonight, but it was the most peculiar event I've seen in quite some time.

No comments: