Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Red Boots

Today I brought them down. Sitting so pretty on the top shelf of my closet for almost six months, my Red Boots called my name this morning. I grew up wearing cowboy boots, but they were rarely for fashion. They were practical boots that could be worn anytime for anything. But these boots are different. They are your classic cowboy boot style, and they are red.

I bought these boots earlier this year for one of the "Great Dates of '08". They were worn to a Tracy Lawrence concert at the Rose in May. After that night, they sat in my closet, waiting to be taken out again. I haven't been dancing since then, and with summer showing up shortly after the concert, I immediately switched to sandals. But today it was below freezing when I woke up, so I thought it was a good day to pull out the Red Boots once again. And I'm glad that I did.


No comments: