Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget: 7 Years Ago Today

I'm sitting on the floor of my apartment this morning. I couldn't sleep. I woke up early this morning with an awareness of what happened on this morning seven years ago.

On the morning of September 11th, 2001, I had just walked into my bedroom after my shower and turned on the Today Show to check out weather in NYC. My friends Candace & Kelly and I were taking a trip to NYC just two days later. I watched to get an idea of what to pack and what the weather would be like during the long weekend we were there.

As I sat, the news broke. Cameras went live just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower. I picked up the phone and called my sister. I was in shock. Could this really be happening? What was going on? What am I witnessing?

As you might imagine, we didn't go to NYC two days later. It took a couple of days to really sink on what was going on, and several months to truly understand the full extent of what this attack meant for our country.

I have been to NYC twice since that day in 2001. Each time I have gone to Ground Zero. The first time was overwhelming. I didn't personally know anyone who lost their life seven years ago. But it was a tragedy that in some way effects us all as American.

Tonight in Broomfield there will be a ceremony held at the 9/11 Memorial. Check out the link below for the details. The memorial is a worth a trip to see.

http://www.ci.broomfield.co.us/news/newsdetail.asp?ArticleID=480

Today I will pray for all the families who lost loved ones in the 9/11 attacks, as well as all those who have family serving overseas in our military. God Bless you all!

No comments: