Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tis the Season

Today as I was driving to run errands, I realized that September is fully upon us. Last night someone mentioned how last fall just about killed me. In all honesty, if I look back on the month of September for the past several years, they push me to the limit...and honestly, I love it.

Every fall around our church things start getting busy. Our calendar gets full as we kick off new Bible studies, fall retreats, serving opportunities, classes, life groups, and community events. This year, we also celebrate our 10th birthday. We have big plans to make the day special.

But this year there's a twist. This year I will be gone for 5 days at my brother's wedding in PA. I will miss our 10th birthday while I'm away. So I am working extra hours, trying to think ahead and anticipate every issue that may come up next week while I'm gone. But in an environment where each week brings new challenges and unique issues to deal with, it's hard to anticipate what may need to get done this far out.

So my brain is on overload and I can't turn off my mind. I'm praying for God to bring me peace, clarity, and enough volunteers and hours to get everything ready!

But this is just a season. I know that there are times of my life and work that require more of me...but I also know some breathing time is just around the corner!

No comments: